24.5.10

[random]

'I have been spinning for over 10 years and I have always tried to play all requests. It’s my job as a Dj to play what the crowd wants to hear. If the song requested is horrible I will simply “announce” that this next song is by request. Then if the track bombs, I am out of trouble. So many Dj’s complain about requests but I have always believed it to be my job to take and play em even for a second, wait for the requester’s “yeah!” scream and simply move on with your night.'

'"I think any successful veteran dj should immediately qualify for a high ranking position as a special needs teacher."

Lol. True, and I’ll say something even broader.

At the end of the day, your job is to play music for people, and people is what matters, much more than music. Music in this case is just a tool to get people to react. Music is the most incredible and powerful way to alter the consciousness of people and get them together, and bring joy to them. '


via dj etiquette

No comments:

Post a Comment